DACE will be hosting its first ever Digital Literacy Boot Camp on June 12, 13 and 14 from 8:30 AM – 3:30 AM each day. The program is specifically for classroom teachers with lower technology skill levels, but who are interested in learning about the technology now available to them and their students such as Google Suite, Schoology and other resources.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 19, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Day 1 of the Boot Camp will focus on Google Suite and how it can be incorporated into the classroom. It will be led by a Google Global Partner training team and supported by the Instructional Technology Teacher Advisors (ITTAs) who recently obtained their Google Certified Educator status. Day 2 will focus on Schoology and build on what teachers learned in the first day by showing teachers how to add Google resources into a sample Schoology class for each teacher. ITTAs and Schoology Master Teachers will be presenting using Project-Based Learning. Day 3 will focus on some Single Sign-On tips and tricks and also include time for teachers to do some short term and long term lesson planning to integrate what they’ve learned into their classrooms.
DSTR / STEP ADVANCEMENT: Teachers who are accepted in the Boot Camp will be able to choose either District Sponsored Training Rate or Step Advancement hours.
SPACE IS LIMITED. If you are interested in applying to participate in the Digital Literacy Boot Camp here is the link: http://bit.ly/dacebootcamp2019 Seats are filling up fast so apply today.
Criteria to be accepted:
- Be a classroom teacher with a lower technology skill set (experts need not apply)
- 10 teachers will be accepted from each school, including 4 ESL teachers, 2 ABE, 2 ASE, 2 CTE teachers.
- If an applicant who is accepted cancels then the next person in chronological order of applying that meets all of the other criteria will be next for consideration to replace the person that cancels.
- The principal will have an opportunity to review the list of applicants from their school and provide feedback.
Teachers who apply are asked to make three commitments:
- Attend all three days of the Boot Camp June 12, 13 and 14.
- Use what you learn in the classroom
- Be willing to share what you learn with your colleagues, during two ITTA led Professional Development sessions in 2019-2020.
Share this Post